Tall and proud? Completely shaven man? What are these people all about? Clearly, there are stories to be told.
Are you working on your story for Missed Connections yet? They’re due on January 1st, but don’t wait to get started!
Still need more ideas? Check out your local missed connections ads or the ones from any city of your choice. Here are some highlights from where I live;
- I was the youngest person in the Phych Ward; you were the cute Korean guy who happened to be 25. We passed love notes and held hands when the staff weren’t looking.
- You’re tall and wear glasses most of the time. Typically you make iced coffee for me on Mondays and sometimes Tuesdays.
- you were sitting at the bar alone on sunday afternoon. you: yellow cardigan. me:black shirt,black hat. i wanted to chat with you but then you were gone. your smile made my day.
- I was reading Norwegian Wood in the South Park Blocks. You defended Salinger & lamented not getting a Lit degree. I defended Tess & assured you books wouldn’t leave you. I still don’t trust Holden Caulfield.
- I was headed to the ER, saw you on the yellow line MAX platform. We made eye contact and you smiled at me. I tried to smile back, but was in too much pain to say hello. I regret it.
I don’t know about you, but I could read these all day! So many stories just waiting to be told.
Your assignment: Start thinking. Start writing. Submit!